All businesses that are open to the general public including coffee shops, restaurants, churches, retail stores, supermarkets, spas and salons are encouraged to participate. Additionally, everyone benefits when healthcare providers, hospitals, government offices, and community organizations participate.
In order to join, businesses must fulfil the following membership criteria:
a.) All Breastfeeding Welcome Here participants will provide a welcoming and friendly environment from staff and management while breastfeeding. Breastfeeding is acceptable in all areas of the business premises that are open to the general public. A mother who is breastfeeding in an area of business premises open to the general public will not be approached due to breastfeeding and will not be requested to move to another area, stop breastfeeding, or cover up.
b.) All staff and management will be aware that the business is a member of the Breastfeeding Welcome Here program.
c.) Staff members are trained on how to handle complaints about breastfeeding. Staff and concerned customers will be informed that breastfeeding in public is protected by law and that this business welcomes breastfeeding patrons.
d.) The Breastfeeding Welcome Here decal and certificate will be displayed publicly on premises.
1. To participate, complete the “Breastfeeding Welcome Here” Business Pledge form on breastfeedingrocks.com. There is no cost to you.
2. The Breastfeeding Welcome Here coordinator will issue and mail a “Breastfeeding Welcome Here” window decal for you to display on entrance door or window and the certificate for display within business premises.
3. Inform all current and future staff members regarding participation in the Breastfeeding Welcome Here program and educate staff how to provide a supportive attitude to breastfeeding families.
4. Email three to five photos of your business displaying the Breastfeeding Welcome Here decal and certificate for social media recognition. Photos of business staff and even breastfeeding families in the premises (with their permission) are appreciated.
1. Name of business and location will be added to list on breastfeedingrocks.com of places participating in the program.
2. All businesses who have taken the pledge will receive recognition through breastfeedingrocks.com promotion and awareness actions by collaborative breastfeeding support organizations. Photos of your business displaying the Breastfeeding Welcome Here decal will be shared with our social media. Your photos may also be featured on breastfeedingrocks.com.